This page related to stage 1 of the project, which concluded in September 2014.
The working assumption is that the new scheme will replace JACS3 and there may be other schemes in use in Higher Education which are becoming problematical and for which a new scheme presents an opportunity for change.
We are interested in the potential impact of change. We are also interested in ideas about how impact could be mitigated, and ways in which adoption could be eased. For example:
- the impact of people having to apply a new scheme;
- consequences related to longitudinal analysis and existing data-sets;
- the range of IT systems that would require change;
- the time-line for change that is likely to be feasible;
- requirements for support/guidance materials.
We would like to thank the commenter in Stage 1. Stage 2 consultation is addressing these points in some more detail. ATAS and similar issues will also be reported on in a Stage 2 deliverable, due to be published in the summer of 2015.